The cast and crew of "Fast and Furious" are busy with the early stages of development, and with speculations fluttering in the New York skyline, fans aren't too happy after a recent rumor involving Justin Bieber emerged again.
Early last year, there were reports suggesting that Bieber will take the place of Paul Walker as Brian O'Connor in the hit franchise. As expected, fans of the late actor reacted widely to the reports. Recently, the theory emerged again, making fans go crazy once again with the idea of replacing Brian in their hearts.
The rumors first started after some tabloids suggested that the Biebs is currently working out heavily to produce the body he needs for filming the scenes that Brian is known for. However, there has been no confirmation regarding the theory.
Meanwhile, other reports suggest that Lucas Black will be back as Sean Boswell and Eva Mendes will return as Monica Fuentes. The said reports are much more believable than the Bieber rumor since both stars have been involved in the long-running franchise.
Black said in the heat of the "Tokyo Drift" installment that he has signed up for parts 7, 8, and 9 of the franchise. While Vin Diesel has not said anything about the actor's return, fans are excited to see Black's return as a main character. Some fans also speculate that Sean will become Dom's new right hand since Brian has retired from the industry.
As for Mendes, it is speculated that the new storyline for "Fast 8" will open doors for her character to make a huge comeback. Since Dom and his friends are now largely involved in the underground movements that link crimes to the federal government, the U.S. Customs agent may be needed to clear up some issues.
On the other hand, some believe that Monica may become an antagonist instead of an ally. It is said that she has the power to betray Dom and possibly cost the team huge losses such as the demise of another main hero.
"Fast and Furious 8" is expected to hit big screens on April 14, 2017.