Forward Quincy Acy's stint with the Dallas Mavericks may have another chapter even if he was waived last week since there is a chance he again joins the roster this season.
The Mavs released Acy on Friday because they needed to add a point guard. This was after Deron Williams and J.J. Barea suffered injuries which led to Seth Curry being the only player at the no. 1 position.
Despite what happened, Acy might want to look at the brighter side of the situation, especially after Mavericks owner Mark Cuban's recent statement.
In a report by the Dallas Morning News a few days back, Cuban said, "He (Acy) is the best. I told him I've paid guys twice and three times in a season before, so be ready."
This is good news for Acy, although there is no assurance that he is heading back to the Big D. The longer he stays on the market, the greater the possibility of him getting signed by a different team seeking for a small forward or a guy at the wing.
Acy's run with the Mavs this season was unimpressive. In six games as a reserve, he averaged 2.2 points with 1.3 rebounds. These numbers are the worst in his career so far.
The Toronto Raptors were the ones who drafted Acy in 2012 (37th overall pick). He spent more than a season with them before becoming part of the Sacramento Kings.
Following the Kings, Acy played for the New York Knicks and with them, he recorded his best numbers. But his time representing the squad from the Big Apple only lasted for a season.
Last season, Acy came back to Sacramento but was not re-signed in this year's off-season. That is when the 26-year-old inked with the Mavericks. Unfortunately, he is without a team once more and is playing the waiting game.